You Just Launched Your Website. Now What?
After we’ve planned and built a new website, it’s up to our clients to make the most of their launch day. Unfortunately, many business owners neglect the basic actions needed to get the benefit out of a website. B
uild it and paying customers will come is a myth. It actually takes some legwork to attract visitors and get value out of your investment.
Launching a website for your business gives you a place to call home on the Internet. From the day it goes live until the end of time, it’s up to you to fill this home with your business’ presence. Think of launch day as the first day of the rest of your life. So what you do with your first day in charge?
Here are just a few tips to help you start off right with these actions on the first day:
- Submit or resubmit to search engines Google, and Bing
- Add the new website’s URL to the company’s social media profiles.
- Post status updates on social media platforms to announce the new website
- Launch the website with two or three blog posts pre-loaded. Publish a new one on launch day
- Send a special email to your mailing list. Preview the blog posts in the message and invite your readers to visit
- After the first few days, look at your site stats and analytics reports. Record the web traffic numbers as a baseline for future analysis
If you’ve had a website for a while, but you’re not sure what to do with it, get in touch with us. Indianapolis web design firm Roundpeg can help you wake up your website and put it to good use. Our website design process comes with training to help you out. We discuss maintenance, website monitoring and basic blogging with WordPress. With these tools, you can connect deeply with customers, establish credibility in your industry and grow your business.Tweet